Hi and welcome! I am Christina!
I am a stay-at-home Mom to two young kiddos, ages 4 and 3, the founder of this blog Real Life Mama, a telehealth mental health therapist with MDLive in the evening when my kids are asleep, and soon-to-be a children’s book author!
Before I became a SAHM, I was a therapist in a hospital outpatient program for children and families, a parent educator with a large San Diego non-profit, and an outreach specialist in a domestic violence shelter.
I have been working in mental health over ten years, although I have always had an affinity for connecting with people and helping them through tough times. I am a licensed therapist (LPCC) in good standing with the state of California, and keep my knowledge and skills fresh by engaging in continuing education regularly.
My husband and I just celebrated seven years of marriage, and we can’t believe it! We often talk about “time warps”, and for us, getting married and having children have been the biggest ones. Somehow it feels so fast, and yet like an eternity, at the same time.
My personal and professional experience enable me to candidly and openly explore topics that affect everyone, while offering evidence-backed advice and support. It is my hope to break down the barriers to communication and provide a safe space for mamas to be true to themselves in order for everyone to find community, support, and hope, and to grow as individuals and mothers!
Thanks for visiting my blog and remember to subscribe!!
If there are any topics you would love to read about, or anything you want to say to me privately, please send me a message!
Christina Furnival & RLM in the Media
Since the birth of Real Life Mama, I have had the opportunity to contribute to several publications as a mental health expert, to be a guest on several podcasts, and to work with several brands! Check them out below!
Mental Health Expert
San Diego Family Magazine’s Digital Baby & Toddler Guide: From Baby Bump to Preschool Prep
WhatToExpect.com – Different Parenting Styles and What to Know About Them
SheKnows.com – Mom Fitness Groups, Yay or Nay
Features on other Publications
SD Voyager Magazine – Inspiring Stories Series interviews Christina Furnival with Real Life Mama
Red Tricycle – Top 9 SoCal Moms to Follow on IG
San Diego Moms Co – As Strong as the Mother Next to Me Featuring Christina Furnival
Pretty Okay Podcast – Social Media, Mental Health, and Breaking Into Blogging
Real Mamas Podcast – Hanging On to Who You Are in the Midst of #Momlife
Warrior Mama Life Podcast – I am Strong and I am Capable
Days With L Podcast – Maternal Mental Health: Postpartum Depression
Guest Posts and Other Published Articles
RedTricycle.com – How to Use Social Media Without Judging Yourself or Your Kids
RedTricycle.com – 7 Budget-Friendly (Yet Still Romantic) Date Night Ideas for Busy Parents
RedTricycle.com – How to Support a Mama Grieving her Miscarriage
Mimosas & Motherhood Blog – Perinatal Depression and Anxiety
Driving Mom Crazy – 7 Common Myths and Fears about Therapy
Motherscope’s 4th Issue – Upcoming!
Read my Latest Posts!
- “Should I Say Hi?” by Rose Collins – A Book ReviewHi there! I’m Christina, a mom of two littles, a licensed mental health therapist, and a soon-to-be children’s book author! Thanks for checking…
- 5 Tips to Breathe Easier as you Begin to Socialize Indoors Again!Hi there! I’m Christina, a mom of two littles, a licensed mental health therapist, and a soon-to-be children’s book author! Thanks for checking…
- Baggage & Motherhood — Finding Your Mom Tribe by Sarah CzopekThe Baggage & Motherhood Guest Writer’s Series gives a space for moms around the world to share their story. Here they tell what life…
- 7 ways to Cope with the Year Anniversary of Pandemic LifeHi there! I’m Christina, a mom of two littles, a licensed mental health therapist, and a soon-to-be children’s book author! Thanks for checking…
- How to Cope with the Grief & Trauma of Pregnancy Loss: The Miscarriage Map Workbook by Sunita OsbornExperiencing the trauma of pregnancy loss or miscarriage is something none of us ever want to go through. If you’re on this…