This post by Real Life Mama may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking any of these links, I’ll earn some extra coffee money, which will keep me fueled to keep creating helpful content like this! Thanks for supporting me in this way!
Note, the child in the picture above is my daughter — proof that she does in fact sleep sometimes. And when she does sleep, it is golden. GOLDEN. You’ll see more below about my pride in completing tasks without waking her…
Things You Never Knew That You Would be Proud of, Until You Became a Parent!
– Not dropping food on your baby while you multitask eating and holding them
– Getting yourself and your child ready for the day and under 2 hours
– Wrapping a ridiculously long scarf around your torso like fabric origami, aka successfully putting on a baby carrier
– …and then peeing while baby-wearing (bonus points for getting your pants closed correctly)
– Heat styling your hair while you have your foot on the downed toilet lid to keep your toddler from trying to climb into it
– Waking up feeling refreshed
– Convincing your child to eat a plate full of food they love, after an hour of pleading of course
– And basically anything you accomplish while keeping your baby asleep:
- Getting yourself dressed in a pitch black room, ideally with matching socks
- Changing a sleeping baby’s diaper (this one really makes you feel like an absolute rockstar!)
- Exercising extreme toe dexterity to grab a dropped item with your foot while holding said sleeping baby
- Employing ninja skills to roll over in bed without making a sound to prevent your stealth-eared child from hearing (and being excited by) any sounds of activity
What are some of the funny or unexpected circumstances that have caused you to swell with pride? Share in the comments
Love and hugs,
Christina is the writer behind the blog Real Life Mama. She is a mom two littles, a 4-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old son. Christina and her family live in San Diego, where she is a full-time mama, part-time mental health therapist (LPCC), and round-the-clock blogger, writer, and author. If she ever gets a moment to herself, she can be found singing at the top of her lungs, cooking, and crafting. Thanks for reading!